Moredays is a time management and calendar application that relies on photos and drawings instead of lists and spreadsheets to keep things organized. Rather than writing down notes and keeping lists of everything that’s going on, Moredays users are encouraged to record interesting moments throughout their days by taking photos with their mobile phone cameras and using custom graphics to note important milestones or tasks that need to be complete.
When you’re ready to start thinking about task management in a totally new way, head over to Moredays.com and sign up for an account. Click on the Calendar tab, and you can view your upcoming schedule by day, week, month, or year. Click on the “This Week” tab to see all the events you have scheduled for the next seven days. Each event gets a graphical icon, a time, and a description. Tasks and notes are organized in a similar fashion, with the only difference being that tasks can easily be checked off whenever they’re complete. To add a new event, note, or action, click the + sign at the top of the dashboard page. For each action, you can add photos, stamps, and graphical icons, making it possible to include photos of the people you’re adding to your contact book or sketches of the project you’re working on when adding an action to your task manager.
When your plans have been added and updated, you can synchronize your Moredays calendar with Google Apps and other task management applications like Evernote. Although Moredays is primarily a cloud-based calendar program, it’s possible to download every year of your life on the web-app in an electronic form. This electronic download can then be printed and bound if you’re the sentimental type.
- Keep track of the all meetings you’ve got coming up
- Add photos of all the associates in your contact book
- Use sketches and graphics to jog your memory about an upcoming task
- Save cute photos that you’ve snapped on your phone and organize them by time or day
- Moredays accounts can be synched with Google Apps and Evernote
- Individual pages of a user’s Moredays planner can be published on Facebook or Twitter
- Moredays offers GPS support when users add location information to their events
- The mobile application lets people add events or notes while they’re on the go
What we liked:
- Design aficionados will appreciate the look of Moredays
- Users can quickly jot down thoughts to refer back to later
- Photos snapped with a phone camera can easily be added to a Moredays account
- Moredays is a great way to keep track of important dates and memories
What we didn’t like:
- Many of the best features haven’t been released yet because Moredays is still in Beta
- Launched: September 2011 (Beta)
- Privately Held
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California
- Founded by: Miloslav Novak and Filip Molcan
- Web site: http://www.moredays.com