Figuring out where to go on your next day trip or family vacation is the easy part. It’s deciding what to do once you get there that can quickly become a hassle. Peek is a web application that travelers can use to find and book unique activities in California and Hawaii.
The activities that you would choose for your perfect day might be very different than the activities your brother or parents would opt for. Peek is a one-stop-shop for all types of handpicked travel activities. Just select the city where you’re planning to go — Peek currently offers booking options in San Francisco, San Diego, and the Napa Valley in California, along with Maui, Oahu, Kauai, and the Big Island in Hawaii — and take a look at what there is to do. Peek separates its activities into a handful of categories, including food & wine, arts & culture, family friendly, sights, adventurous, and “perfect days.” Click on an activity to see more information, including a thorough description, images, and pricing options. When you settle on an activity the whole family will enjoy, click “Book Now” or “Gift It” to reserve your spot. Peek only works with high-quality vendors, so you can rest assured that the company you’ll be dealing with is reputable.
If picking individual activities to try seems like too onerous of a task, click on the “perfect day” tab. Peek has partnered with well-known locals in a number of cities, giving an insiders view into what people like Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey (San Francisco) and model Devon Aoki (Napa) recommend trying out while you’re visiting their favorite locales.
- Book a scuba lesson for your upcoming trip to Kauai
- Find out where the locals recommend eating while you’re in San Francisco
- Plan an itinerary for your family vacation to Maui
- Buy your friend a hot air balloon ride for her birthday
- Travelers who recommend their own “perfect days” in cities around the world can potentially win a $1,000 prize
- People can contact Peek if they have questions about the excursions they’ve booked
- People can “replan” the activities other users have recommended as part of their “perfect days”
- Share your travel recommendations with friends on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter
What we liked:
- Peek offers tailored information on the best activities to try in select cities
- Peek is a reliable source for information on many types of excursions
- Users can book excursions directly through the Peek platform
- Activities are broken down into categories, which makes for easy browsing
What we didn’t like:
- Peek’s high-quality editorial content only covers a handful of cities
- Launched: October 2012
- Privately Held
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California
- Founded by: Ruzwana Bashir and Oskar Bruening
- Web site: https://www.peek.com