If you’re like most people, you’ve got hundreds of friends posting status updates online multiple times per day. With so many mundane updates being posted to sites like Facebook and LinkedIn, it’s easy to miss the important stuff. EverySignal is an app that you can use to make sure you’re always the first to know when a loved one has a baby or gets engaged.
Roughly 6% of the status updates that people post on Facebook have to do with big life moments—like marriages, promotions, engagements, and births. EverySignal makes sure its users never miss out on the biggies by bringing those events directly to their email inboxes each day. Connect to EverySignal by signing in through Facebook and giving the app permission to post on your behalf. You can also link up your accounts on other social networks, including LinkedIn. Select the life events you’re interested in hearing about—choosing from a long list, which includes things like birthdays, education, family, health, housing, relationships, and more—and EverySignal will pull the updates that fit within those topics into an email summary. Each morning, you can expect an email summary in your inbox showing all the most important updates from the past 24 hours.
Mark certain updates as “favorites,” and they’ll be added to a special list in your EverySignal account. Add the updates from this list to your “contacted” or “archived” folders once you’ve had a chance to offer your congratulations or condolences. EverySignal also provides you with a comprehensive list of your contacts on all the networks you linked up, and allows you to “disable” any contacts you wish to discontinue receiving updates about in the future.
- Find out immediately when your sister-in-law has given birth
- Be the first to know when your friend changes his relationship status
- Find out when a colleague got promoted at work
- Send a congratulatory message to a friend who recently got married
- Users can “disable” any contacts they no longer want to receive updates about
- People can add their Facebook and LinkedIn accounts
- Choose whether or not to receive daily email summaries
- Add important updates to your list of “favorites”
What we liked:
- People can start each morning with an email summary of everything that’s going on with their friends
- Updates that have been “favorited” can be added to the “contacted” list once a user has had a chance to offer his congratulations
- People can “archive” their favorite status updates at any time
- EverySignal gives people a way to stay up-to-date on what their friends and family are up to
What we didn’t like:
- EverySignal’s keyword algorithm could still use work, since it occasionally pulls in unrelated status updates based strictly on the keywords mentioned in those updates
- Users can’t link up their Twitter accounts yet, although that functionality should be coming in the future
- Launched: October 2012
- Privately Held
- Founded by: Derek Merrill and Larry Thompson
- Web site: https://www.everysignal.com