LiveNinja is a tool that everyday people can use to chat live with experts in virtually any field. Budding fashionistas can get advice from seasoned designers, and professional guitar instructors can earn extra money by offering online music lessons to people who are just starting to take up the instrument.
Get started on your quest to learn a new skill or find the answer to a burning question by browsing through the experts listed in LiveNinja’s marketplace directory. You can browse the directory by category, or search by keyword. Scroll over a “Ninja” — LiveNinja’s term for an expert — to see a basic description of what that person has to offer, along with pricing information, and a star rating. Ratings are determined by LiveNinja users, whose reviews are useful in determining which Ninjas have the most knowledge to offer. When you find a Ninja who you’d like to interact with, click “Book Session” to schedule a live video chat. During your video chat, you can ask any relevant questions you wish to learn more about whatever skill or talent your Ninja can provide.
Video chat sessions take place within the LiveNinja platform, as do all payments and financial matters. Professionals in virtually any field can sign up to be certified Ninjas. Ninjas can set their own rates and availability schedules, and host private video sessions during times that work for them. Ninjas are rated by users based on their expertise and skill, with top rated teachers showing up first in the LiveNinja directory.
- Get a psychic reading
- Ask a lawyer a legal question
- Get help coming up with a custom yoga routine
- Find out what tools you should be using to market your new startup
- Ninjas are verified via reviews and through their own social networking profiles
- People need Adobe Flash to use LiveNinja’s video chat functionality
- Ninjas can set their own prices
- LiveNinja pays its experts through PayPal
What we liked:
- All video chatting takes place within the LiveNinja platform
- Anyone with a skill or talent to share can become a Ninja
- People don’t always need appointments to speak with LiveNinja experts
- All Ninjas must have at least one positive review before they’re added to the LiveNinja marketplace
What we didn’t like:
- LiveNinja doesn’t have a mobile app
- Launched: 2012
- Privately Held
- Headquarters: Miami, Florida
- Founded by: Alfonso Martinez, Will Weinraub, and Emilio Cueto
- Web site: http://www.liveninja.com
- Ninjas set their own prices, but pay a 20% commission for each client