Remembering to ’CC or ’BCC your colleagues on any important emails you send or receive from company clients can be a drag. The situation can be even worse when you forget to include a particular colleague on an important email chain, and the person misses out on key parts of an ongoing conversation as a result. SquadMail offers a solution to these problems, providing small offices and professional teams with shared email folders that work across all email clients.
In just a few seconds, you can start automatically sharing client emails with everyone on your work team. Head to SquadMail.com to see a news feed – arranged in chronological order – that displays all the activity in your shared email folders. Create new shared folders for all the projects you’ve got going on in your personal and professional life, and invite colleagues or friends to participate by clicking on a button located within the SquadMail app. Select any emails you’d like to share by going to your email client and dragging those selected emails into the SquadMail folders you’ve set up. Any replies you send to those emails will be saved within the folder and distributed throughout the group. Meanwhile, every folder you create with SquadMail will get its own email address, which you’ll use when sending messages to the entire team.
By relying primarily on a private group email address to communicate online, people can avoid getting as many unsolicited spam messages in their inboxes. They can also reduce redundancy and decrease the chances of ’CCing the wrong person about private company matters.
- Keep track of the progress of an important project you’ve been working on
- Avoid accidentally ’CCing the wrong person on a private email thread
- Save all the messages about your upcoming wedding in a shared email folder
- Never forget to include your assistant in any scheduling emails
- Share documents with everyone on your team in seconds
- SquadMail works with any email account that supports IMAP
- People can create a SquadMail address for all subscriptions and registrations
- SquadMail uses an uninterrupted SSL connection for syncing all SquadFolders
- Users can drag and drop any email into a SquadFolder
What we liked:
- SquadMail can help streamline the workflow for people who frequently work in teams
- Each shared email folder gets its own unique email address
- Users can find their SquadFolders right alongside their regular email folders
- People can sign up to get daily digests with an overview of what’s going on in their inboxes
What we didn’t like:
- People can’t share folders that have already been created in their inboxes
- Launched: May 2012 (Public Beta)
- Privately Held
- Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
- Founded by: Jan Brunnert, Benjamin Eckart and Philipp Mayer
- Web site: https://www.squadmail.com