If you’ve ever worked in an office environment, chances are you had a big white board where you would go to check all the assignments, tasks and meetings for the week. White boards are so 20th century! It’s time to upgrade, which is exactly what Goplan will do for you. Goplan is a service which basically sets up an interactive whiteboard for your company, but it’s so much more than that. You can add tasks, create milestones and track your time on a certain project all through the interactive user interface.
You’ll start off at your dashboard, which has all kinds of tasks and projects on the page. Each entry is marked by a color-coded tab which let’s you know whether it’s a discussion time, event, milestone, task, etc. From there, you can do a few things: check out your calendar to see what you personally have coming up in the next month; open up a document to upload a new version of it, or see how many times it has been edited.
Goplan makes life even easier by exporting your calendar to programs such as iCal or even to your iPhone. If you don’t feel like being bothered with that, you can always just set up an RSS feed with one click to let you know exactly what’s happening on your company’s Goplan site.
- Assemble all of your client projects into Goplan to centralize your client communications & activities
- Gain control of your remote or off-site workers’ activities
- Manage all events related your 20 year high school reunion
- You can set up separate RSS feeds for each individual tag, since one general feed may get too clogged
- When you update your status (think Facebook, but task-oriented) the time tracker automatically starts in the bottom right corner so you’ll never forget it. You can stop it at any time as well.
- Non-profits get a special deal, just contact the Goplan folks for more details
What we liked:
- Clean and incredibly easy-to-use interface helped in large part to the color coding system
- Ability to reply to messages posted in Goplan via email
- Customizable colors, logos and URLs
What we didn’t like:
- Currently, PayPal is the only option for payment
- The highest measured capacity Goplan offers is 25 gigs, if you need more you have to pay more than double for an unlimited account
- Launched: April 2009
- Privately Held
- Headquarters: Portugal
- Founded by: Webreakstuff.com
- Web site: http://goplanapp.com
- Free for a 30-day trial
- Four different plan types ranging from free to $80/month