Chill is a video discovery and sharing website that doesn’t discriminate. Whether a video is funny or sad, and whether it’s posted on YouTube, Vimeo, or a different hosting service altogether, you can find it on Chill.
Have a laugh by visiting Chill and browsing through the videos posted under the “Funny” tab. “Editor’s Choice” videos are hand-selected daily, while “Hot Videos” are based on the number of views and likes from other users like yourself. Watch any video right away from inside the Chill platform, or click the star button to save it for later. You can upvote your favorite videos, or repost them on Twitter or Facebook when you create a Chill account. You can post your own videos on the Chill platform, and follow other users—just like you would on Twitter—to find out whenever they upload new content that you might like.
In addition to its discovery and sharing tools, Chill also offers its own premium video service. Users can purchase selected videos (like documentaries and feature films) from the Chill store, and they can take their support to the next level by pledging additional money (usually between $20 and $200) in exchange for things like soundtrack downloads, autographed photos, and Skype chats with the film’s director.
- Find a funny video clip to lift your mood
- Upvote all the videos that make you laugh
- Post your favorite YouTube clips on Chill
- Pay to watch a new documentary from a rising filmmaker
- Install the bookmarklet tool to quickly save your favorite videos to Chill
- Users can connect to Chill through Facebook or Twitter
- Chill supports video from YouTube, Vimeo, VEVO, and Hulu
- Users can watch events being live-streamed from Ustream, Livestream, Justin.tv, and YouTube Live
What we liked:
- Chill lets you follow users whose opinions you trust
- People can repost videos, just like they would re-pin images on Pinterest
- Film creators can post their work in the Chill store
- Directors can fund their future film projects by selling things like posters and t-shirts to fans on Chill
What we didn’t like:
- Not all videos on Chill are viewable on mobile phones and tablets
- Privately Held
- Headquarters: Los Angeles, California
- Founded by: Brian Norgard and Daniel Gould
- Web site: http://chill.com