There are some who think that professional business software needs to have a lot of bells and whistles to be legitimate. What this really means is that business software has a hefty price tag for features that may go unused. While there is some value in having those tools if they’re needed, there’s no value of the tools are left untouched.
This is the main impetus behind Expens’d: not only to provide the basic necessities for running a business, but a more streamlined interface for business accounting. With an increasing number of people making a foray into self-employment, many feel daunted by the complexity of business financial programs.
Expens’d, a new web application for tracking business finances offers the right balance between user-friendliness and features. As managing expenses can be complicated – which can lead to accounting errors – Expens’d offers sensible tools for managing your business finances.
- Manage your startup costs and related expenses for your new franchise – ensuring you have adequate records come tax time
- Save money on traditional desktop finance software
- Enable your team members to track their expenses remotely and while traveling
- Use TripIt with Expens’d: what Expens’d lacks in features can be made up by combining it with other programs
- Use tags to label different expense accounts
- Create separate accounts for each employee to get a hold on overall business finances
What we liked:
- It’s easy to use. If you’re similar with an expense program like PayPal (which lets you create invoices), the interface feels the same
- The 30-day free trial gives ample time to determine if the application is useful your needs
- Decent tech support via a forum interface with questions quickly answered
- It’s good for beginners – especially those with little management experience
What we didn’t like:
- After the free trial concludes, the program is fairly expensive – especially for a larger business. It’s really best for a single-person or very small business
- The features are limited – though user-friendly, it’s basically just a program to add expenses, and not much more
- Launched: November 2008
- Privately Held
- Headquarters: Winter Park, FL
- Founded by: Atlantic Dominion Solutions
- Web site: http://www.expensd.com
- From $0 to $49/month, depending on the number of users