Snapily specializes in creating unique printed products that can be produced from your own library of digital photos. Anyone who has a digital camera understands what can be achieved through some basic image enhancements. Snapily takes this a few steps further with its online editing tools and interesting offline printing techniques.
Snapily essentially creates rotating images, which they call LivingPrints, by interlacing two or more images into one. You might have seen this technique, called Lenticular, on promotional giveaways. Traditionally, this printing process was prohibitively expensive but Snapily aims to make it affordable for everyone.
The Snapily website offers several software tools to develop effective images. Your images can then be printed on a variety of products such as greeting cards, business cards, notebooks, and invitations. If you’re looking to stand out with a unique product, Snapily is sure to deliver.
- Develop an incredibly unique business card design
- Create a birthday invitation for your child showing his picture as a baby and one showing what he looks like today
- Print a distinctive marketing flyer for your new product
- Design memorable scrapbook pages that you can resell to friends and family
- For a truly unique item, consider starting your design from scratch rather than using the template library
- Ensure you are working with reasonably large images or risk ending up with a fuzzy picture
- Only JPG or GIF image files are supported
What we liked:
- It’s easy to upload a picture and test out different designs
- There are cards for many different holidays, as well as a fair number of notebook designs
- Printing technology is interesting and unique – sure to be appreciated
- The products are reasonably priced (not much more than you’d pay for a traditional greeting card)
What we didn’t like:
- The quality of many Snapily-designed cards and products is sub-par (if the graphics were a bit more modern, it wouldn’t make the picture look so “stamped on”)
- Launched: 2008
- Privately Held
- Headquarters: Jericho, NY
- Founded by: HumanEyes Technologies
- Web site: http://www.snapily.com
- Prices vary but typically start at around $3 each