Bookmarking used to be easy. Long before it was common to have a laptop, smartphone, and tablet PC, most people could quickly save their favorite links by using the bookmarking feature on their Internet browsers. Now things are a little different, and Saved.io has stepped in with a solution.
If you’ve ever gotten frustrated because the link you saved on your Macbook wasn’t accessible on your iPad, or the website you bookmarked on Firefox wasn’t available when you started using Chrome, then Saved.io is a platform worth checking out. Just type saved.io/ in front of the URLyou’d like to save, and you can save the link automatically in the cloud. Saving links in the cloud means you can access them from any Internet-connected device at any time. You don’t need any special extensions, plugins, or browsers. Organize your saved links into lists by typing the same of a list in front of the URL. For example, you can create a list of your favorite shopping websites by typing shopping.saved.io/ in front of any URLthat falls into that category.
One thing that’s worth noting is that Saved.io is a private bookmarking application by design. Links can’t be tagged and they can’t be shard among friends, as they can with competing web-based bookmarking apps. This makes Saved.io a perfect solution for people looking for a quick, easy, and private way to save links across multiple devices.
- Bookmark all your favorite websites
- Get access to your bookmarks when you’re using a tablet or smartphone
- Organize your bookmarks by separating them into lists
- Access your saved links when you’re using a friend’s computer
- Download the bookmarklet tool for even faster bookmarking
- Automatically create lists by typing the new list name in front of a URL
- Saved.io works across all web browsers
What we liked:
- The bookmarks people save on Saved.io are completely private
- Saved.io is intentionally simple and basic
- Users can access their saved links from any device at any time
What we didn’t like:
- Users can’t search through their links by keyword
- Privately Held
- Headquarters: Canberra, Australia
- Founded by: Anthony Feint
- Web site: http://saved.io